Show submenu for Explore
Show submenu for Student Services
Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) assess injuries, administer emergency medical care, extricate trapped individuals, and transport injured or sick persons to medical facilities.
The Emergency Medical Technician-Basic course is a 9-month program.
The goal of this class is to prepare students to become licensed by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) as an EMT-Basic. Licensing requires proficiency in skills performance and academic assessment.
• Emergency services safe practices & risk management
• Medical and trauma patient assessment
• Cardiac arrest management using automatic external defibrillator
• Spinal immobilization of seated & supine patients
• Immobilization of fractures using a variety of splints
• Bleeding control and shock management
• Administration of oxygen and airway adjuncts